Click Here to Fill out a FREE Case Evaluation Form
Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyer
(To include Henderson, Mesquite, Pahrump, Reno and remote areas of Nevada)
Contact our truck accident lawyer CAROL HAY for a free consultation. Call today at (702)433-3334 . You focus on you and your family, let us focus on the details of your case.
Nevada semi-truck accidents, big truck accidents and eighteen-wheeler accidents often have tragic results because they occur at high speeds, and because of the great size and weight difference between passenger vehicles and semi-trucks. Common causes of Truck Accidents:
- DUI – Driving a truck under the influence of alcohol.
- Driver Fatigue – Cross-country truck driving is very weary and tiresome. A driver may experience fatigue and unwittingly cause a truck accident.
- Truck Overturns – Major causes of accidents are driving too close to ditches or on soft shoulders, driving on slopes with an uneven load, and raising the truck bed on uneven ground.
- Crushed by the Bed – Failure to block a raised bed while working on the hoist can result in the bed coming down on a person.
- Backing – About 25 percent of accidents involving trucks are a result of backing over a person or into an object.
- Vehicle Collisions – Accidents resulting from poor brakes, nonworking signals, or driver fatigue are common during the harvest season.
- Transporting Equipment or Other Materials on Trailers – Failure to load and secure equipment or other materials properly can cause the load to either fall off trailers or cause the towing vehicle to lose control.
- Overloaded Trucks or Trailers – Overloading trucks or trailers puts additional strain on the vehicle, particularly the brakes and tires. Towing a trailer with a weight heavier than the towing vehicle will lead to loss of control, especially down hills.
- Loads That Shift Weight – Livestock will shift weight when turning corners or when making sudden swerves. Liquids in tanks will slosh back and forth if no baffles are installed in the tank. Maintaining the control of a truck is difficult when weight slips especially on poor road conditions.
Victims of truck accidents in Las Vegas, Henderson, Pahrump, Mesquite, Reno and remote areas of Nevada usually face a variety of incredibly painful injuries, including:
- Brain injury
- Head trauma
- Back or spine injuries
- Severe burn injuries
- Permanent disability
- Broken or fractured bones
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Internal bleeding
- Crushed limbs and organs
If you or someone in your family has been injured or wrongfully killed in a truck accident in Las Vegas, Pahrump, Mesquite, Reno or remote areas of Nevada, you should retain the services of an experienced Nevada truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to begin investigating the accident, interviewing witnesses, and preserving physical evidence before it is lost.
The majority of Nevada truck accident cases often have complex issues requiring expert witnesses for accident reconstruction. We consult with local and national experts in truck accident investigation and reconstruction.
Throughout the past 10 years, CAROL HAY has handled major accident cases against trucking companies. With offices in LAS VEGAS, we are centrally located for truck accidents all over NEVADA. In serious truck accident cases, our Nevada accident lawyer at HAY LAW will travel to truck accident sites, with accident reconstructionist and meet with truck accident victims all over Nevada.
For more information on truck or semi-truck accidents in Nevada, you should contact an experienced Nevada truck accident lawyer at HAY LAW (702) 433-3334. Your initial consultation is FREE. We don't get paid unless we get you compensation for your harms and losses.