Bus accidents happen in every city in the United States. Public transportation shuttles residents to and fro on the main avenues and streets as a low cost, and sometimes FREE service to the community. Although infrequent, accidents and collisions involving metro and school buses is a reality that has to be dealt with. Every year thousands of adults and children suffer from pain or loss of income due to bus accidents, bus collisions, and other bus related injuries. You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in any way due to a bus accident, collision, or as a result of any form of negligence on the bus driver's part.
- Bus Crash – When one bus collides with another vehicle or a free-standing structure like a tree, light pole, etc.
- DUI – Driver under influence of alcohol while operating vehicle.
- Reckless Driving – Operator of bus recklessly endangers passengers, passersby, and other vehicles.
- Weather-Related Collisions
- Defective Machinery or Seats – Faulty or defective machinery in the bus, such as engine parts or loose seats, may be a direct cause of a personal injury.
- Improper Maintenance – Failure to properly maintain bus and bus parts.
- Dangerous Roadways – A street or boulevard may be deemed overtly unsafe for buses.