Click Here to Fill out a FREE Case Evaluation Form
A Pedestrian Car Accident occurs when an automobile strikes a pedestrian and the pedestrian is injured. In our modern age, walking across a street may be a dangerous activity and lead to a fatal experience. You can be alone crossing any street and get hit by a speeding vehicle.
A Nevada Pedestrian Accident Lawyer is needed because over 6,000 pedestrians are fatally wounded due to pedestrian accidents every year, and an estimated 90,000 pedestrians are personally injured every year. A pedestrian or bicyclist is killed every 3 1/2 minutes. Pedestrian injuries and fatalities result in $20 billion in societal costs.
There are many causes as to why pedestrian may be injured by a vehicle, including:
- Negligence on behalf of an automobile's operator
- If a driver is under the influence of alcohol or any toxic substance
- If a driver fails to follow proper procedures while driving a vehicle
Here are some tips to keep you safe:
- Always look both ways when crossing a street
- Pay attention to the turn signals before crossing a street
- Never J-walk
- Make eye contact with the operator of an automobile before walking in front of it
- Do not drink alcohol while walking or crossing a street
- Walk on the left side of the street when there is no sidewalk
Here at Hay Law our Nevada Pedestrian Accident Lawyer uses many years of experience in handling car accident and pedestrian accident cases to investigate every possible factor that would cause an accident, to ensure that you receive full compensation for you or your loved one’s injuries.
If you or someone you know was struck by a car in a crosswalk or on a sidewalk, contact a Nevada Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at HAY LAW (702) 433-3334. Your initial consultation is FREE. We don't get paid unless we get you compensation for your harms and losses.